April 5, 2011

First Post

Yes, yes.  Upon request, I have created a blog; a blog dedicated to sharing my trades and my money making tips.

Before I start, here is an introduction of myself, since I suppose I should establish some credibility.

My name is Christopher Diodato.  I am nineteen years old (almost twenty), and have been studying technical analysis and markets since my eighteenth birthday.  I taught myself how to trade, with the help of about twenty books and several very intelligent people working in the field.

My main areas of study are in the field of technical analysis, including:
Price Patterns
Point & Figure
Oscillators
Elliot Wave
Cyclical & Regression Analysis
Capital Conservation

It is the last point, capital conservation, that I believe makes any trader successful.  As most technical analysts, my win rate is not impressive.  In all honestly, about 40% of my trades result in losses.  However, the losses are usually only about 1-2%, while my winning trades average about a 12% gain each.

I am currently a sophomore at Penn State University, majoring in finance, economics and employee relations.  My goal is to create a business immediately out of college with funds amassed by trading.

I am also currently studying to become a Chartered Market Technician, and should have completed all three exams by Spring of 2012.

My goal of this blog is to post my trades and my logic of each trade BEFORE I actually make the trade.  This will ensure that readers of this blog have ample opportunity to take my recommendation.  I generally post my trades in video format so everyone can see each step of my analysis.  Even though these are my recommendations, I take no responsibility for losses, as I know that I am sometimes wrong.

For those interested, here are my statistics for my trading in the year 2011:
Total Percentage Return: 62.6%
Win Rate: 45.4%
S & P Return: 9.29%

Time to time, I will also post my current thoughts on the market.  These include pivot points, technical phenomenon, and support and resistance levels.

So what are we waiting for?  No amount of happiness can buy you money, so let's make some!

~Christopher Diodato

No comments:

Post a Comment